My iPhone 6s is stuck on “Slide to upgrade”, what can I do?
After you update to iOS 9 or restore from a backup, you might get stuck on the Slide to Upgrade screen. Here is the easiest way to fix it:
Please note: if your device is protected with Find My iPhone, you are in more trouble and should likely seek official Apple Support. However, before the first step, try logging in to iCloud.com and removing your device from the Find my iPhone portal. In some circumstances, your frozen iPhone will be able to detect the protection has been removed and allow you to continue as normal. If this does not help, call AppleCare or visit an Apple Store.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes.
- Select your device. If you don’t see it listed, force restart your device by pressing and holding both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
- If you made an iTunes backup of your device before updating to iOS 9, restore your device from that backup. If not, you need to make a backup of your device in iTunes, then restore from that backup.
If after following the above, your iPhone is still stuck on the upgrade screen, try restoring your device in iTunes. If you don’t see your device in iTunes, you need to hard-reboot your iPhone to stop it from freezing. To do this, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home Button together for 10 seconds or more. When your iPhone reboots, it should now be selectable in iTunes. Restore your device to factory settings and then set your iPhone up as new.Tips: In order not to lose your iPhone data, you need to backup your iPhone regularly using iTunes or third-party iOS Manager. Here is how to transfer Music, Photos and More from iPhone to Computer
You can follow iOSMate on Twitter, Facebook for more tips and tricks.
iOS Data Recovery is the more comprehensive ios data recovery solution in the market. You can recover lost data directly from iOS devices or retrieve backups from both iTunes and iCloud.
- Recover data from iTunes Backup. Find iTunes backup on PC and scan the backup for your lost data.
- Recover data from iCloud Backup. Download iCloud backup and recover to your iPad, iPhone, iPod.
Fully compatible with iTunes 12.2, iOS 9, and iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus.