Learn how to sync your iOS device with iTunes on your computer.
Set up syncing
- Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version.
- Connect the iOS device to your computer using the included USB cable.
- Locate your connected device.
- After clicking on your iOS device, tabs appear on the left side of the iTunes window under Settings.Some tabs might not appear if you don’t have the corresponding content in your iTunes library. For example, if you don’t have any podcasts in your library, the Podcast tab won’t appear. Your tabs might include some or all of those listed below:Summary: Features information about your device, options for backing up or updating your device, and accessibility settings.
Info: Sync your contacts and calendars.
Apps: Manage your apps and file sharing.
Music: Sync your music.
Movies: Sync your movies.
TV Shows: Sync your TV shows.
Podcasts: Sync your podcasts.
iTunes U: Sync your iTunes U courses.
Books: Sync your books and and PDF documents.
Audiobooks: Sync your audiobooks.
Tones: Sync your ring and other alert tones.
Photos: Sync your photos.
On My Device: Shows you the music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, books, audiobooks, tones, and voice memos that are on your device.
- You can turn on syncing for Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, Books, Audiobooks, Tones, Photos, and Info. To turn on syncing, click the content type from the list under settings, then click the box next to Sync [content type]. If there’s a check in the box already, syncing is turned on for that tab. To turn off syncing, uncheck the box.
- Click the Sync button in the lower-right corner of the screen to sync your content. Only the information in the content list you’ve enabled syncing for will sync to your computer. If you made any changes to any of the settings, first click the apply button.
Would you like to easily transfer music, video, photo, Ebook, apps, contacts, notes between iPod/iPhone/iPad and PC without iTunes? iOSMate iOS Manager offers ultimate file transfer solution between PC & iOS: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more. Share, Manage & Restore Your iTunes Music & Videos freely.
Fully compatible with iTunes 12.2, iOS 8, and iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus.